Monday, July 23, 2007

It's Over!

I've been home from the hospital for a week, now, after undergoing my third hip replacement surgery. This one has been a bit more complicated because of the required bone grafts. I'm on the way for a doctor's appointment this morning. He'll x-ray my new hip and maybe take the stitches out of the surgical wound.

Things are definitely going uphill, now. I think I turned the corner yesterday in my journey back to pain-free physical activity. Scarlett and Sally have taken very good care of me. Sally has been staying out of the way. Scarlett, bless her heart, has had all of the household chores placed on her shoulders while trying to care for a rather immobile husband.

Scarlett heads for New York this week to visit with our daughter. They'll be enjoying a Broadway show while she's there. My dad will be coming up to "babysit" with me while Scarlett is out of town for a day or two.

I'm on my way back! I'm trying to find the way for me to go back to work at the office the latter part of this week.

No comments: