Friday, June 7, 2013

The Old Farts Lunch Club

The Old Farts Lunch Club convened yesterday for the monthly meeting. We meet on the 1st Thursday of each month, 12:30 pm at a restaurant somewhere in the Athens, GA area. Anyone over the age of 50 is eligible to join the club.  There are no dues.  We just meet for lunch and tell stories, many of which are true or partially true. At yesterday's meeting were Rick Rose, Allen Rowell, Speedy Arnold, Bobby Harris, and me.  We had a great time and are looking forward already to next month's meeting.  We hope to add some new members then.

Another rainy day so far. The weather report calls for a little sunshine later. The dogs need it. They need to get outside and shed their cabin fever.

The Canon flash that I listed on Ebay sold for what I wanted out of it.  It'll go to the post office today to be sent to it's happy new owner in St. Louis. I also sold my old Blackberry Bold 9000 to Gazelle for $98.  It's out the door also this morning.

I dug out an old recipe from one of my pre-Nancy cookbooks. It was always one of my favorites. It's called "Chicken Marengo".  I'm attaching that recipe here for others to enjoy also.


That's it for now. Have a great day!

No comments: